We believe that musicians can make the world a better place. Why? Because music touches almost everyone. So why not become a role model for the rest of the world? That's why The Playground Residence:
- compensates the carbon footprint of their roundtrip, of all our residents.
We compensate every kilometer traveled, and the complete stay of our residents by donating money to Trees For All.
- only serves organic food to our residents.
We cater organic foods. We value our meals together: food is prepared as a group activity among residents. There are fresh ingredients in our kitchen and pantry, every day, for every meal, snacks included.
- wants to make our world a nicer place.
We're only at the beginning yet. We realize that donating money to plant trees isn't enough to make our planet a better place. So feel free to share you're ideas on this subject with us.
During The Playground Residence you get:
- full board, completely carbon neutral stay, public transport included
- time and space to work on your own music and with peers
- every week two interesting speakers on a non-music related subject
- every week three meetings with industry professionals
- lots of jam sessions / studio sessions (if you want to)
In return, we may ask you to share your The Playground Residence-experience during peer meetings we organize at several locations, like for example De Basis, Nijmegen (The Netherlands), Clash Learning & Exchange, Berlin (Germany), And No Man's Land Utrecht (The Netherlands). This way you can actively take part in creating knowledge about informal and non-formal learning in pop music.
Stuff you have to take care of:
- you have to pay a fee (depending on the location from €350 or a bit more) to take part
- trip to the residency location and back home
- you have to bring you own musical instrument
We're a bunch of music industry enthusiasts, who are always there to help other professionals develop themselves. We have years of experience working for music platforms, universities, and music development programs. We joined forces to create the ultimate residency platform for pop musicians. Starting from The Netherlands, ready to conquer your hearts. We are united in Stichting Playgar (derived from playground artist residence or playground artistic research).